Webcast: Introducing SQL Server "Denali" (CTP1)

Hello and Happy New Year 2011! Wishing all the best, always in good health!

Microsoft has recently released CTP1 of SQL Server 2011 codenamed "Denali".

This new version of SQL Server Server introduces many new features that increase productivity and reduce the development and administration effort.

One of my main observations is that there is a convergence of technologies. For example, SSMS is now powered by Visual Studio and that means a lot!

A solid example is the fact that the debugging functionality in SSMS was significantly enhanced with the introduction of breakpoint conditions, hit counts and many more! Debugging now seems even more similar to the Debugging functionality of Visual Studio. Another example are the T-SQL code snippets.

By having a glimpse on these features, the following major enhancements can be listed:


However, as this is my first blog post for 2011, I decided to publish something even more exciting instead of an article. So I thought to myself: "Why not recording a Webcast for SQL Server Denali?" And so I did! :)

In this Webcast I am introducing the major new features shipped with SQL Server "Denali". Along with the presentation I am performing live demos presenting some of these features in action!

OK, enough talking! Here's the Webcast:



Well, I hope you enjoyed the Webcast as I enjoyed creating it! :)

Please remember to complete the evaluation form for the Webcast by clicking on this link.

Your feedback is always valuable and highly appreciated!

Labels: , ,